Hallahan Associates has significant experience in institutional planning including schools and churches. The following are some examples of recent projects:
• ARCHDIOCESE OF BALTIMORE, MD - Catholic school expansion study to formulate and implement a planning process for multi-parish regional schools in four suburban Greater Baltimore counties. Study involved providing demographic and parishioner survey information to assist regional task forces with specific master plans regarding expansion of existing schools and construction/financing of five new regional schools. Nine additional parish specific studies to define future market demographics for parish and school planning.
• DIOCESE OF CAMDEN, NJ - Planning studies and market analyses in four suburban counties to provide relevant demographic and market information regarding the establishment of multiple new parishes, elementary schools and high schools. Development of strategic plan for an all male non-diocesan Catholic high school.
• ARCHDIOCESE OF INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Planning studies and market analyses in three independent deaneries and multiple counties to identify needs for new Catholic schools. Studies involved assisting deanery task forces in establishing priorities for Catholic elementary school expansions, and in converting an all female non-diocesan Catholic high school to a regional co-educational Catholic high school.
• DIOCESE OF MEMPHIS, TN - Demographic analyses and planning studies to determine future needs and locations for Catholic schools and parishes throughout the twenty one county diocese. Studies involved formulation of specific planning action steps for multiple new or expanded parishes and Catholic schools, as well as detailed identification of Catholic and Hispanic population growth patterns.
• DIOCESE OF OAKLAND, CA – Market analysis/parishioner survey to quantify enrollment demand and financial support within seven regional parishes for new suburban high school.
• DIOCESE OF WILMINGTON, DE – In coordination with diocesan capital campaign, multiple planning studies involving demographic analyses and parishioner surveys: to formulate facility strategic plans for thirteen non-urban parishes; to develop strategic pastoral plans responsive to substantial socioeconomic changes for nine City of Wilmington parishes; to define market directions for an existing urban and a future regional elementary school; to evaluate in detail Hispanic population trends for multiple urban counties.
• REDEMPTORIST ORDER – Strategic facility planning studies for National Shrine of St. John Neumann and five inner city parishes/schools in Baltimore and Philadelphia to quantify demographic trends and to prioritize the most appropriate options for future facility use.
• THE COUNTRY SCHOOL, EASTON, MD - Strategic demographic analysis of future enrollment demand for use in determining economic feasibility of facility expansion options.